for D. Palmer's Visions of Human Nature
Instructions: The self-assessment exercise for Chapter
10 is a combination of answering and asking questions. Part One contains five questions
in the format you are used to from earlier chapters. Part Two sends you to the chapter report form
you're all familiar with by now, and an input form where you must submit two questions
of your own, to see if you know enough about this chapter to challenge your fellow students. Don't
make your questions too hard, though, since I would like to use the questions I get from you for
future classes. Please give me one multiple-choice question and one true-false question, taken
from different parts of the chapter. Don't click the "SUBMIT" button at the bottom of this page
until you have finished taking the test and are ready to submit your own test questions!
Chapter 10 - The Atheistic-Existentialist Vision of Human Nature
Part One, Answering the Questions:
1. Which of the following is not true about Sartre's conception of consciousness?
2. According to Sartre, freedom
3. Which of the following illustrates Sartre's notion of "bad faith"?
4. Sartre claimed that "hell is other people" because
5. According to the author, Sartre's vision of human beings is paradoxical because
Part Two, Asking the Questions:.
When you have finished the quiz, click the "Report" button below to fill in your multiple-choice and true/false
questions and send a progess report to the instructor.
QUESTIONS AND REPORT
FOR THIS CHAPTER