There are many good general and specialized encylopedias in our library and elsewhere that have good definitions of terms such as "culture" and "ethnography." Consider these:
We have consulted all of these and know they are excellent sources, but there are surely other good reference materials not listed here. Please let us know of any that you think should be posted on this page.
- Encyclopedia of Cultural Anthropology, ed. D. Levinson and M. Ember, 1996.
- The Encyclopedia of Philosophy, ed. P. Edwards, 1967.
- The Dictionary of Anthropology, ed. T. Barfield, 1996.
- Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology, ed. A. Barnard and J. Spencer, 1996.
- Encyclopedia Brittanica. Click here to see the online entry for